Library Reserves are materials circulated by the User Services desk as a service for SVSU faculty. Students may check out these items under the terms specified by you during the library’s open hours.
What Can Be Placed on Reserve
- With some exceptions, all items will be accepted for library reserve.
- We may not be able to accept very large items or those items that require specialized equipment for viewing
- Some examples of items that may be placed on library reserve are:
- Journal issues (prefer e-reserves for articles)
- Media items (DVDs, VHS tapes, CDs, etc.)
- Computer software
Placing items on Reserve
- Instructors who wish to place items on reserve will need to complete the library's reserve form.
- When filling out the Reserve form, located on the left-hand side of this page, it is extremely important to enter all fields as completely as possible.
- The contact, course, and citation information is essential for cataloging and shelving the materials and for locating library owned items to be placed on reserve.
- The Loan Period determines how long your students will be allowed to check out the item (only one of the 6 options listed towards the top of the form will be accepted).
- In the “Item location or source” please indicate whether the item is owned by the library or if it will be delivered to the Access Services desk.