Request a hold on books, etc. on our Library system
- This service permits you to request that an item be retrieved from our collection and held for you at the Circulation Hold Shelf (it will be held for 7 days from the time the email notification is sent out before being returned to the regular shelf)
- To request a hold you must be registered our Library system (for current faculty, staff and students this is done automatically at the start of each semester. Contact the Circulation Desk for assistance).
- Use only your SVSU username and password to use this feature
- TIP: This feature is not connected to Document Delivery services for faculty, staff and Off-Campus students. Use Tipasa to request materials for Document Delivery
- Select item you want on CardCat
- Click on the "Request" icon at the top of the page
- Enter your SVSU username and password at the prompts
- Do not use the alternative Name/Barcode authentication
- Complete the "Cancel if not filled by" information
- You will be notified by E-mail to your SVSU account when the book, etc., is ready for pickup at the Library 1st floor Circulation Desk
- Once checked out treat the book, etc., like a regular Library check out.
- To cancel a hold
- Go to "My Library Account"
- Check the box in the "Cancel" column
- Click on "Update List" button