Understanding and using Document Delivery and ZEDD (Zahnow Electronic Document Delivery)
- Document Delivery is the service to provide materials we own for faculty, staff and students who take courses at a remote SVSU campus
- For those students it is the service to bring the library to them
- For faculty and staff it is a courtesy service to assist their instruction and research
- ZEDD (Zahnow Electronic Document Delivery) is the digitized article delivery corollary that uses the Article Exchange feature of Tipasa
Requesting Books, etc. (Document Delivery)
- You may use the CardCat Hold function to reserve books, etc., for your use. Follow the instructions on that tab.
- Students who take courses at a remote SVSU campus should follow up a hold request with an email to email@example.com so that the materials may be mailed to you.
- You may also use Tipasa to submit a request
- If we own what you request through Tipasa we will convert the request to a Document Delivery request. Treat the book as a regular check out from the Library
- If you note that the request is a document delivery request (best to add "ZEDD" in the notes field) but the item is not available (it is already in use, missing, etc.) we will automatically convert the request into an ILL request. Treat the book as a regular ILL request in that case (follow the instructions on that tab).
Requesting Articles or Chapters in Books (ZEDD)
- Submit the request in Tipasa as you would an ILL request (follow the instructions on that tab).
- Add the word "ZEDD" to the note field before submitting the request
- Whether supplied from our resources or procured from another Library, articles will be made available the same as ILL articles (see the ILL tab for more information)