The SVSU Outstanding Performance Award was created to recognize annually the accomplishments of an Administrative Professional employee who has demonstrated outstanding individual and/or team performance at SVSU.
Outstanding performance is defined as one or more of the following:
- Acting as an exceptionally effective and cooperative team member in carrying out goals of SVSU, the Division, or department, demonstrating superior interactions with and a positive influence on managers, peers, supervisors, subordinates, the University community, and the client population served.
- Exemplary Work
- Demonstrated and sustained outstanding performance that consistently exceeds goals and job expectations in quantity and quality. This may include a superior effort in meeting productivity, providing customer service, or achieving similar goals.
- Acting formally or informally as leader within Department/Division/University. Gains respect, commitment, and credibility from other team members. Demonstrates ability to energize others and motivate team to reach full potential.
- One-time innovation or creation that results in time/dollar savings or benefit, or ongoing innovative/creative activities that benefit organizational systems, protocols, and/or procedures.
- Organizational Abilities
- Extraordinary skills in leadership resulting in the accomplishment of significant departmental/unit goals and objectives; project management (which could include developing a project and implementing it with substantial success); organizational capability leading to a greater level of departmental effectiveness.
SVSU page for the Outstanding Performance Award