Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About this Award
The SVSU Outstanding Performance Award was created to recognize annually the accomplishments of an Administrative Professional employee who has demonstrated outstanding individual and/or team performance at SVSU.
Outstanding performance is defined as one or more of the following:
- Acting as an exceptionally effective and cooperative team member in carrying out goals of SVSU, the Division, or department, demonstrating superior interactions with and a positive influence on managers, peers, supervisors, subordinates, the University community, and the client population served.
- Exemplary Work
- Demonstrated and sustained outstanding performance that consistently exceeds goals and job expectations in quantity and quality. This may include a superior effort in meeting productivity, providing customer service, or achieving similar goals.
- Acting formally or informally as leader within Department/Division/University. Gains respect, commitment, and credibility from other team members. Demonstrates ability to energize others and motivate team to reach full potential.
- One-time innovation or creation that results in time/dollar savings or benefit, or ongoing innovative/creative activities that benefit organizational systems, protocols, and/or procedures.
- Organizational Abilities
- Extraordinary skills in leadership resulting in the accomplishment of significant departmental/unit goals and objectives; project management (which could include developing a project and implementing it with substantial success); organizational capability leading to a greater level of departmental effectiveness.
SVSU page for the Outstanding Performance Award
Outstanding Performance Award
- 2007 - Trisha L. Stantz (Scholarships & Financial Aid)
- 2008 - Richard A. (Tony) Thompson (Counseling & Health Services)
- 2009 - Susan Brasseur (Conference & Events Center)
- 2010 - Kristen Gregory (Academic Affairs)
- 2011 - Gerald Stuart (Campus Facilities)
- 2012 - Scott Mellendorf (Melvin J. Zahnow Library)
- 2013 - Marilyn Wheaton (Marshall M. Fredericks Museum)
- 2014 - Laura Peil (Academic Affairs)
- 2015 - Doris Wenglikowski (Campus Facilities)
- 2016 - Debbie Fegan and Denise Berry
- 2017 - Jill Allardyce and Jeremy Glaser
- 2018 - Cara Shaw and Donna Helmreich-Lopez
- 2019 - Barbara Cohen and Deborah Rickert