Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- The major divisions of video recordings are
- Feature films
- Call numbers reflect title arrangement PN 1997
- Typically movies shown in theatres, etc.
- Non-fiction films
- Call numbers are the same as would be used on comparable books
- The other divisions of video recordings are
- Silent films
- Call numbers reflect title arrangement PN 1995.7
- Foreign films
- Call numbers reflect title arrangement by original language title PN 1995.9.F67
What you need to know
- To find video recordings using the Classic Catalog
- Change the "View Entire Collection" value to "Videos & DVD"
- This will permit searching by keyword, title, author, subject, etc. limited to just video recordings
- Using our new interface enter your search terms in the Books tab search box
- On the left menu limit click on "VIDEOS" in the Format box
- Or click on "Videos & DVD" in the Collection Box
- Or click on either "Feature Films" or "General Films" in the Location box
- The media rooms located across from the Circulation Desk are equipped to play DVDs. Inquire at the Circulation Desk
- Overdue fines for video recordings are higher than for books ($0.50 per day) and the item is billed at one day overdue.
- Because the check out period is less than for books it is important to keep track of the due date
Music and Spoken Word CDs
- CDs are shelved by call numbers corresponding to comparable books and sheet music
- Music CDs have call numbers in the M's and most spoken word CDs have call numbers in the P's
- To find CDs using the Classic Catalog
- Change value from "View Entire Collection" to "CDs"
- If any search other than Keyword is used
- Click on "Limit/Sort Search" icon at top of screen
- Select "Media-Audio CDs" in Location box to limit to CDs
- To find CDs using our new search interface
- Enter search terms in the Books tab search box
- In Location box on left side select "Media-Audio CDs"