· Contact your Department Chair for department procedures.
· Contact your liaison to recommend titles for the library collection or to identify the need for material by subject. Liaisons may submit regular purchase requests for print and electronic resources from July 15th through April 15th.
· Contact the Interim Library Director, Anita Dey (x4236), for special requests, new periodical and electronic database suggestions, and questions and comments.
· The Library Director will make final purchase decisions for new periodical and electronic database subscriptions in consultation with the library departmental liaison, the requesting faculty member, and the academic department.
· The library collection comprises over 650,000 items in the circulating, reference, online, and archives collections. This includes more than 200,000 print and 95,000 electronic book volumes; 25,000 DVDs, videos, and CDs; and 40,000 print and online periodical titles.
· You may search and browse our collection at our library’s website:
· Librarians and professional staff are assigned as liaisons to individual departments based on academic background and areas of interest.
· Liaisons welcome and encourage faculty input regarding new purchases, and in evaluating material in the existing collection. Requests for purchase may include specific titles or general subject areas.
· Liaisons especially encourage faculty to discuss resources needed to support potential new courses and degree programs.
· Liaisons select materials for purchase based on recommendations of SVSU faculty, the university curriculum, and scholarly reviews.
· Liaisons are available by telephone, email, and in person to meet with individual faculty or attend departmental meetings.