Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Melvin J. Zahnow Library supports the SVSU mission by promoting knowledge advancement for further intellectual and personal growth.
Values Statement - Diversity Equity and Inclusion
The Melvin J. Zahnow Library is committed to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and maintain an environment that is welcoming, accessible, and safe for the SVSU community. We work to identify and eliminate barriers that prevent anyone from fully utilizing the library resources, services, and space.
- Demonstrate the value of the academic library on student learning, retention and success
- Educate students and other library users to discover, access, evaluate and use information efficiently and effectively for scholarly and lifelong learning needs
- Communicate and interact with students, faculty and the greater community to increase awareness and use of library resources and services
- Evaluate, strengthen and manage access to library collections and resources to meet the information needs of the university community.
- Promote innovation through professional development and continuing education of library staff
- Maintain an inviting physical environment that facilitates learning and social interaction.