Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Quick Facts & Links
- For students who take courses at a remote SVSU campus it is better to use Tipasa to make sure the book is mailed to you.
- If you do opt to use the Request Hold feature please send us an email to email@example.com to make sure we correctly process the book, etc.
- My Library Account is where you review the status of your Hold Request, cancel the Hold, renew it once it is checked out, etc.
Catalog Request Hold
Request a hold on books, etc. on our Library system
- This service permits you to request that an item be retrieved from our collection and held for you at the Circulation Hold Shelf (it will be held for 7 days from the time the email notification is sent out before being returned to the regular shelf)
- To request a hold you must be registered our Library system (for current faculty, staff and students this is done automatically at the start of each semester. Contact the Circulation Desk for assistance).
- Use only your SVSU username and password to use this feature
- TIP: This feature is not connected to Document Delivery services for faculty, staff and Off-Campus students. Use Tipasa to request materials for Document Delivery
- Select item you want on CardCat
- Click on the "Request" icon at the top of the page
- Enter your SVSU username and password at the prompts
- Do not use the alternative Name/Barcode authentication
- Complete the "Cancel if not filled by" information
- You will be notified by E-mail to your SVSU account when the book, etc., is ready for pickup at the Library 1st floor Circulation Desk
- Once checked out treat the book, etc., like a regular Library check out.
- To cancel a hold
- Go to "My Library Account"
- Check the box in the "Cancel" column
- Click on "Update List" button