Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Quick Facts & Links
- Books you can check out are located on the 3rd and 4th floors
- 1st floor Reference books are in-library use only
- If we do not own the book you need try MeLCat or Interlibrary Loan
- This is the core collection in the Library. It is shelved on the 3rd and 4th floors
- 3rd floor contains books with call numbers starting with L through Z
- 4th floor contains books with call numbers starting with A through K
Special Book Collections
- Reference Collection (1st floor)
- Located in the sunken area behind the Reference Desk, it contains critical source books for In-Library use only
- Popular Reading Collection (1st floor)
- Located on the 1st floor across from the stairwell, this collection is designed for recreational reading and is unique in our Library by being shelved by author and title rather than call number
- Children's Literature (3rd floor)
- Located on the 3rd floor ahead and slightly to the left of the stairs and elevator, this collection ranges from picture books through YA literature
- The collection is divided into multiple parts:
- Non-fiction with Dewey Decimal call numbers
- Fiction arranged by reading level
- ESL Collection (3rd floor)
- Located on the 3rd floor between the stairs/elevator and the Cafe area, this collection is arranged by reading level to develop reading skills for students where English is a second language
- Archives Rare Book Collection (1st floor)
- Accessed from the Circulation Desk, this collection is In-Library use only by special arrangement.
- Honors theses and capstone projects are contained in this collection
Sheet Music Collection (3rd floor)
Located on the south wall next to the Cafe, this collection consists of performance editions of music as opposed to scores and pedagogical materials. Larger ensemble music is kept behind the 1st floor Circulation Desk.
Periodicals Collections (3rd floor)
- Current subscriptions and newspapers are located in clear boxes on the third floor to the left of the stairs and elevator, older issues are bound together and located on book shelves in the same area.
University Archives, Special Collections and Rare Books
- Access to this collection is through the 1st floor Circulation Desk.
- These materials require controlled access and with very few exceptions may not be taken from the Library Special Collections materials consist of books and multi-media materials. These can be found on our online catalog.
- Some collections, such as the University Archives, have relatively liberal access privileges.
- Collections such as the Ken Follett Papers require prior approval for legitimate research access. Contact Catherine Curtis (989.964.2152 firstname.lastname@example.org) or Heather Fisher (989.964.7053 email@example.com) for more information.